About African Shark Eco-Charters
They say that true passion is when you take what you love and turn it into your work and this is how African Shark Eco-Charters was born. We are privileged to be able to have done this. Being with the great white sharks is what we love. And we want to share this with you.
For years now we have been changing perceptions and instilling a love for great white sharks in others. Whether it be our guests, photographers or film makers, they walk away with a positive attitude and in turn pass that onto others.
We are a top shark diving company and we run the safest operation in False Bay. Our aim is for you to experience your great white shark breaching or cage diving trip in a natural environment, putting sharks first with our “first do not harm approach”, and managing our environmental footprint as much as possible. We will also not comprise your safety by going to sea in unfit conditions. We are environmentally sensitive and in 2009 we established a written environmental policy in order to manage and reduce our footprint. We provide a natural encounter with the great white sharks allowing you to observe social interactions and the natural predation behaviour on Cape Fur Seals in magnificent False Bay.
Who Is African Shark Eco-Charters?
Owned and run by shark expert Rob Lawrence, together with his wife Karen and their dedicated team in Simon’s Town, Cape Town.
- To have a passion for sharks and other marine animals, portray it and to pass it on.
- To portray sharks for what they are: Amazing Apex predators
- To be completely honest and transparent with our guests. We will correctly inform guests of latest sightings, weather and prices etc.
- To ensure the highest possible standards in the shark industry.
- To be democratic: To promote good relationships within the company between individuals’ no matter our differences in race, background, beliefs and sexual orientation.
- To be non judgmental of the different cultures of our guests.