Rob is one of the most experienced field persons involved in all areas of the white shark cage diving and viewing industry in South Africa and has possibly seen more natural predation of great white sharks on cape fur seals than anyone in the world today. Rob has traveled to California and Mexico to observe great white sharks.
African Shark Eco-Charters has been extensively involved with many international film crews helping facilitate cloe to 50 documentaries and films, the biggest ever being “Oceans” by Galetee Productions which took over 4 years to make.
Rob Lawrence, owner of African Shark Eco- Charters has worked with the Discovery Channel, National Geographic, the BBC Natural History unit and Animal Planet.
Working every year on film shoots, Rob and his crew are extremely experienced and much sought after in the filming industry when it comes to filming great white sharks.
Highly sought after for our professionalism and experience, and for this year, 2012 we are scheduled to work on another 6 film documentaries.
Rob has been featured in several of these productions and his video footage and photography of this incredible behaviour has been seen all over the world.
Working with us includes:
- Shark expert Rob Lawrence.
- A experienced team who is used to the film industry.
- Technical advice on filming with great white sharks and aboard the shark boat. Rob is an experienced camera man and a lot of his personal shark footage has been aired on major productions.
- Marine Biologist.
- Dive Master.
- Shark cage diving on scuba gear. No experience is needed.
We have worked on close to 50 documentaries . Here is a list of a few of the productions Rob and the ASEC team has worked on.
- Shark Coast – Simon King
- Shark Summer
- Sharks on Trial
- Ultimate Killers – Steve Leonard
- Nigel Marvin Shark Special
- Robo Shark
- Sensitive sharks
- Sharks of the South African Coast
- Perfect Predators: in production 2009
- Earthflight: Season 1 episode 2
- 25th anniversary of Jaws 1999 – “Great White Deep Trouble” with peter Benchley, author of Jaws
- Kill Zone
- Mission Wild – South Africa
- Cape of Predators
- Hunter Hunted
- Jeff Corwin Experience
- Kratt Brothers – BE The Creature
- Air Jaws: Sharks of South Africa – The most successful and popular shark document ever made by the Discovery Channel seen by millions of viewers around the world and still popular eight years after production. Rob Lawrence was the productions co-coordinators for this production which subsequently led to countless other productions for South Africa.
- Mythbusters shark special
- Great White Appetite
- Surviving Sharks with Les Stroud
- Rough Science
- Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
- We also facilitated one of the biggest French productions ever: Oceans for Galetee Productions
- Carte Blanche
- Top Billing
- 60 minutes USA with Bob Simon
As well as several local productions and reality shows and local celebrities such as Rob Van Vuuren.
Dhani Tackles the Globe: Dhani Tackles the Globe is an American documentary television series hosted by NFL linebacker Dhani Jones of the Cincinnati Bengals, currently airing on the Travel Channel; the series follows Jones around the globe as he learns how to play international sports and simultaneously explores the culture of each location.