Why choose African Shark Eco-Charters?
They say that true passion is when you take what you love and turn it into your work. For years now we have been privileged to be able to do this as being with the great white sharks is what we do best. And we want to share this with you.
We are changing perceptions and instilling a love for great white sharks in others. Whether it be our guests, photographers or film makers, they walk away with a positive attitude and in turn pass that onto others.
Yes, we are a business but we put sharks first! Our aim is for you to experience your great white shark breaching or cage diving trip in the most natural environment as possible, where we bring you right into the action of the great white shark and their predation activity on the Cape Fur Seals whilst managaging our environmental footprint as much as possible.
- We operate from Simon’s Town- Only 40 min from Cape Town. Why drive hours away to go shark cage diving?
- We will not comprise your safety by going to sea in unfit conditions.
- During peak season, you can experience shark cage diving and breaching all on one trip.
- Yes, yes, yes, You can scuba with us. We feel that using scuba is the best option available. This means you can stay longer underwater and dont have to pop to the surface and potentially miss the great white swimming past the cage. No diving experience necessary.
- Who wants to only “hold your breath” during their shark cage dive? With us you can snorkel or scuba gear.
- Don’t be one of 5-8 in the cage! We offer 2 max at a time in the shark cage.
- What a pleasure, you will be one of 10-12 max on our boat. We won’t try squeeze in another guest, promise!
- We also cater for 5-10 day breaching and shark cage diving trips, photographers, film documentaries & film shoots.
- We have been accredited by “Fair Trade in Tourism”, meaning we stand by what we believe in; contributing towards the conservation of the Great White Shark while simultaneously protecting the well-being of the local community through our various social initiatives.
Join us in seeing this amazing Apex predator with Rob and the ASEC team.